As a metal fabrication company founded in 1982, SILICON has since developed into an international product leader in refractory stainless-steel fastening and anchoring systems and of highly specialized welding machines as well. With roughly 80 employees, SILICON designs, produces and innovates high quality products and services for the petrochemical, chemical, kiln construction and shipbuilding industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Production Manager who is able to motivate and guide the development of a multicultural team. In this position, you are responsible for the complete production process and its optimization.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Direct management of the teams: planning, CNC, presses, welding, warehouse and packing (about 30 employees).
- Manage the production team leaders with regards to quality, execution and planning.
- Coach and develop the team leaders of the various departments.
- Carry out performance evaluations, together with HR.
- Hire new employees for your team, together with HR and the team leaders.
- Weekly stand-ups with the team leaders using a Kanban board.
- Daily production meeting with sales, order processing, planning, logistics and purchasing departments.
- Optimize processes by eliminating waste.
We are looking for a social, proactive and socially skilled team player. Are you experienced in the management of a production department with more than 20 employees and do you know what it takes? We are looking for a Production Manager with the following qualities:
- HBO working and thinking level.
- Affinity with (metal) technology.
- At least 7 years of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English in speech in writing.
- Knowledge of LEAN principles such as 5S and One Piece Flow are a plus.
- Able to maintain overview in stressful situations.
- Able to delegate and structure tasks.
- A salary conform the market and matching your experience.
- Secondary employment conditions according to CAO Metaalbewerkingsbedrijf.
- 38-hours work week with 25 annual paid Leave days.
- Nice and informal (family) working environment.
- Internal and external training opportunities to continue your development.
- The possibility to become member of the SILICON Social Committee, this committee organizes fun events for you and your family!
Are you excited about this vacancy? Let us know! We are looking forward to receive your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.